Welcome! Log in or Sign Up!

Forums » WTO Board » Alkaline Water with Potassium & Sodium.

Alkaline Water with Potassium & Sodium.

Subscribe to Alkaline Water with Potassium & Sodium. 9 Posts, 5 voices

Icon_missing_thumb Anonymous
We have one project in hand, we need to make 500 Gallons of Alkaline water with potassium & Sodium from RO Water PH 5.5 TDS 2ppm.
Requirements:
PH 8-9
TDS 100>PPM
Potassium 650mg/L
Sodium 100mg/L
Please response.

I'm a little confused by the request. OK your using KOH and NAOH to raise the PH of 2PPM RO water.My confusion is that it sounds like the TDS cap is 100 PPM. On the other hand the total k and na cap is 750 ppm?Is the allowable TDS cap then 850 PPM?

Gary L. Lindsey
CWS VI CI

Sorry about that. I did not mention use of calcium & magneasum.
We can use these metals too to raise PH to 8-9.
Potassium limit is 650mg/L & sodium limit is 100mg/L.
This is a pilot projet for one overseas client. Water will be used for drinking purpose. AS "ALKALINE DRINKING WATER"
Thanks.

There are inexpensive products on the open market to accomplish this task. You can use magnesium oxide to raise the PH. Are you premixing and shipping this product or creating it at the point of use?

Gary L. Lindsey
CWS VI CI

We need to make Alkaline water as required in house about 500 gallons & fill in to 500 ml bottles.

Try using a refillable 2.5"x 20" cartridge using magnesium oxide as the fill media.Insert into a standard 20" housing and adapt the plumbing. Probably won't cost over $100.00.

Gary L. Lindsey
CWS VI CI

Icon_missing_medium Jim Wark 8 Posts
Saw your posting and was a little surprised as I was asked to do the same thing in the Philippines when just there. Another good way to do this and would be achievable with local ingredients if islands.... is to use coral that has washed up on shore. Crushed coral will bring up the PH and if not fast enough you can then add a small amount of the mag/ox. Would not and hope you do not ever consider using active reef coral for this.

I have well with natural Alkaline water with Ph=9.2, TDS=252 ppm,
sodium= 99.3 mg/L,
Please send more information about the project by email jlatorrewater@hotmail.com

Icon_missing_medium aurelioflores 0 Posts
Seems to me that if you are adding 650 mg/l of potasium
and 100 mg/l of sodium you are all ready exceeding the 100ppm of tds
1) 650mg/l potassium + 100mg/l sodium = X tds
2) ph can then be regulated by lowering or raising the alkalinity of the water

Forums » WTO Board » Alkaline Water with Potassium & Sodium.